Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas in Mexico - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey Gang.... so picture time.

Since I talked to my family on Christmas day, I will just attach some pictures and explain them.

So, on the 23rd, Christmas Eve Eve, Elder Hartvigsen, Elder Garrido, Elder Mendoza and I bought Tacos Arabes from the Oriental (AN AMAZING TACO PLACE!). Sure, it was the most expensive, but we planned that day since the beginning of December.







Then, on Christmas Eve, it was a Wednesday so we had our District meeting as normal. But afterward we made some Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies. Thanks to Sisters Jensen and Dapper, and COSTCO! And we had a little Christmas party there. After that we ate at 2 pm, 5 pm, 7 pm, and 8 pm. with a couple families... :)




 Christmas Day we slept in late. Everyday on my mission, 365 days a year for 2 years, we have to get up at 6:30 a.m. President gave the mission an amazing gift ... We didn't have to set an alarm! Such an amazing feeling! Sadly, my mind set an alarm, so I could only sleep till about 7:50 a.m. But still, such an amazing sleep! Then we opened presents! :) And went to a member's house all day to eat and use their laptops. Fun experience talking to my family again!



I love you all! I hope you all had a super Merry Christmas, and that you´ll have a happy new year! And an amazing 2015.

I love this Church! I testify that it is true!

"You is loved."

Elder Burgess

Christmas Conference (December 15, 2014)

Miracles and Transfers  (January 5, 2015)