Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Conference - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Mexico Puebla North Missionaries
Hello to everyone! I hope all is well.

This week was our Christmas Conference. President Christensen talked about teaching with the Spirit, and it was a great lesson. Then after that, we sang some carols, shared Christmas experiences, and played games. One of the games, called BUNKO (looks like a BINGO board to me, but it's played with dice) was way fun! Then we ate, Virginia ham and some cheesy noodles with vegetables and rolls.... that's something I haven't eaten in a long time! WOW! I love it when Sister Christensen cooks! Then President gave us all a candle in a sweet handmade, painted container that is very common in Puebla. It's called Talavera. If you want to Google that, I am sure Google will help you all understand what I mean.

I feel as if our ward is progressing. My companion and I feel like we are on the edge of finding some new investigators. The Lord blesses us, even through trials. The Lord lives, this is His church. I am so grateful for my life and that I am where I am right now. Some elders and sisters now are starting to categorize me as one of the "old missionaries" on the mission. But I am happy I am here. I testify of the truthfulness of this church. Missionary work is the Lord´s work. And we, you and I, are His missionaries. With a name tag or not. I invite you all to follow the example of the Prophet and Apostles and preach the gospel!  #SharetheGift

SERÁN BENDECIDOS!! Les amo mucho! Espero que disfruten de cada momento y experiencia espiritual que tendrán este mes. Al hablar de Jesucristo en el tiempo de Navidad el espíritu les iluminará una luz nueva en sus vidas, y les enseñará mas del amor de Dios que se encuentra en Juan 3:16. Que el espíritu les revele el propósito de Navidad! Testifico que serán bendecidos, si lo buscan, en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

(We are so BLESSED!! I love you very much! I hope you enjoy every moment and spiritual experience that will come this month. Speaking of Jesus Christ in the Christmas spirit illuminates a new light in our lives, and teaches more about God's love that is found in John 3:16. May the Spirit reveal to you the purpose of Christmas! I testify that you will be blessed if you look to Him. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.)

ELDER BURGESS

Santas and Bed Bugs (December 8, 2014)

Christmas in Mexico  (December 29, 2014)