Monday, December 8, 2014

Santas and Bed Bugs - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey!

So this week was way fast. My companion and I had divisions with the elders in Grajales. In other words, we spent about two days in bus. Four hours there and four hours back...two days in a row. What a fun trip... haha.

I was with Elder Loughmiller, the new district leader in Grajales. And my companion was with Elder Batista. Elder Loughmiller and I found some sweet graffiti. GRINGO. Which is the word they use for a blond North American. And I have a crown, so it was sweet. Lucky find.

Also, in the center today we went tie shopping. And we saw a couple Santas (not really people), climbing a building, haha.

Also, I got some bed bugs this last week. Bought some garden bug killer and went to town spraying that everywhere. Washed my sheets and blankets. And now I am bed bug free! Gross... I know... but a new story that I felt like telling you all.

Tomorrow we have our Christmas conference with President Christensen. I am sure I will have pictures next week to send. Last year after the spiritual message we sang songs, and played a minute to win it. And ate a lot of food. I am hoping this year is no different.

I am so grateful for this time of year. It truly is the most beautiful time of the year. I testify that Jesus is the Christ, born of Mary. That He is our Savior, that He is the gift of God the Father to the world. That by Him and through Him we can receive eternal life. Born in a manger, the most humble of places. He is our Redeemer and Creator of the world. He is the Only Begotten of the Father, the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

I love you all. Espero que tengan una buena semana!!!!!!

Visit christmas.mormon.org.

Elder Burgess

Thanksgiving in Mexico (December 1, 2014)

Christmas Conference  (December 15, 2014)