Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo Where it Began! - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Okay, so Tuesday were changes. I am still with my companion, Elder Garrido, in the same ward, but Elder Match (Dallas Texas) and Elder Santizo (Guatamala) are now in my district and ward. So it is nice to have two new Elders to work with.

We spent this week helping Elders Match and Santizo get familiar with their areas. I got sick AGAIN....called the doctor, and she said I have gastritis. I had some extreme abdominal pain, and then I bought some medicine and I have been feeling better. I have been sick a lot on my mission.

Today we had interviews with President Christensen. So, we went to the stake center for those, about an hour away from our area. The zone leaders actually didn't tell me until last night that we had interviews, so today we got up and went to a "Cinco de Mayo" parade. "Cinco de Mayo" took place, well the battle, here in Puebla. So of all of the states in Mexico, this state goes the craziest and has the craziest traditions. We are talking, people in parades dressed all crazy (pictures to come) and firing off guns with gun powder. VERY dangerous. But little kids are just running down the street shooting off gun powder guns (without the bullet) at each other....still very crazy and illegal in the U.S. Homemade guns, beer, little kids, dancing and shooting... WOOO! MAY 5TH!!

Changes and Another Trip to the Hospital (April 28, 2014)

Breaking In (May 12, 2014)