Monday, May 12, 2014

Breaking In - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

So I made macaroni and cheese this week. I forgot that the milk and butter are different in Mexico, so it took away all of that rich amazing mac and cheese flavor....

We went to the church house the other day for the Missionary Coordination meeting with our Ward Mission Leader. And when we went into the church house, it was flooded. I took this picture about an hour after we started cleaning out water. Don't worry, no damage was made to the church. Just a lot of water!

So Saturday the family who was going to make us lunch had to work, so they gave us money to buy our lunch. We ordered pizza! And since yesterday was Elder Match's birthday, he bought a cake to celebrate as well.

Also, yesterday after church and lunch we went to our house to change from our suits into a normal short sleeved white shirt and tie. I then realized at the door, that we didn't have the keys. So we had to break into the house! Behind out house, surrounding our back porch we have a brick wall, and above the brick wall there are metal bars that make it so people cant break in....but Elder Garrido, my companion, is skinny, and he fit into the 6 inch gap between the metal bars. And then I changed out the door knob on the front door for one of the bedroom door knobs because we have a key to that one. Then today, I paid a key store to  make a new set of keys for the old door knob. Crazy day.

I will attach some photos to clarify the above stories. Sorry I don't have a photo of Elder Garrido breaking into our house...

Then last Saturday I talked to my family for Mother's Day on Skype. LOVE YOU ALL, and don't forget to pray and read your scriptures.

ELDER BURGESS

Our Mission has a Facebook page!! https://www.facebook.com/MexicoPueblaNorthMission

Cinco de Mayo Where it Began! (May 5, 2014)

I Love Mexico (May 19, 2014)