Monday, April 28, 2014

Changes and....Another Trip to the Hospital - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

So crazy week!

Monday.... normal day

Tuesday....normal day

Wednesday.....Normal day

Thursday.....Special conference in another part of the state of Tlaxcala, to the stake of Chiautempan Apizaco. Sweet conference! Then the zone leaders let me know that Elder Insaurralde has changes. So Elder Garrido and I will stay in this area and work together another change. Basically every change of my mission, I've had changes or my companion has. So it will be a little different to stay with the same companion.

Costume
Friday....things get interesting....we had a meeting with our Ward Mission Leader....about 30 minutes into the meeting, I felt like throwing up....I ran to the bathroom and for the next hour and a half threw up like 5 times. I called the doctor, and she said go straight to the  hospital because of my history with infections. A member took us there, and about 11 o' clock at night I was good to go. I guess I threw up everything, haha.

So then we were driving down the road and the member's car died....he let off the clutch while we were stopped, and it wasn't in neutral, so it died. It wouldn't turn over....we pushed it to the side of the road. I still felt very sick. His gas pump had broken, so we found a mechanic, after MANY PRAYERS, and he fixed the problem. We got home at about 1:30am....WHAT? I am on a mission that is hard core breaking the rules. But of course, it was out of our control, and just a crazy day for a "journal experience."

Saturday....normal day

Sunday....normal day.

Today....normal day.

So basically two crazy days, and nothing else. Don't worry, I am fine and still keep on walking and working.

This church is true! The sky is blue! And I love you.

Elder Brian Burgess

Happy Easter (and Happy Birthday!) from Puebla, Mexico (April 21, 2014)

Cinco de Mayo Where it Began! (May 5, 2014)


Missionaries in my area