Monday, November 11, 2013

On the Mend

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(**Note to reader: By clicking on the highlighted words, you will be linked to information on the topics and phrases Elder Burgess mentions in his letter. You can also enlarge the photos by clicking on them.)

Hey Everyone!

On a little late tonight, but it's because we had to go to the offices to pick up a new Elder to spend the night in our house. But I'm back, and on the computer.

HOW ARE YOU ALL?!

My week was amazing!

A member in a different ward had a referral for us in our ward (congregation)! We went with him, and they are soo cool! The are soo accepting, and just have many doubts with their religion. They don't understand how they can read a verse in the Bible and their pastor (or friends) can read the same verse, but have a completely different opinion and interpretation. They are so cool, and I'm so blessed to have found them!

I also spent a few days this week looking for old investigators from our area book....no luck...but I was blessed, because a family of three (grandmother, daughter and grand-daughter) got the grandmother's husband to take the lessons. So we found a few new investigators this week.

Saturday was probably one of the best days of my mission! I baptized D** (name omitted for privacy)! She was soooo nervous, and I was a little too. I've never baptized anyone before, in English or Spanish. But it went amazing! I have a photo I'll attach.

Also Saturday night the Zone Leaders called with changes announcements (transfers). My companion is changing after only six weeks here with me. I guess one change is all he needed here. I will stay here in Antequera at least until December. I think the 10th of December is the next change. So I'll go six months in my first area, and I'll receive my 3rd companion tomorrow.

I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this amazing church. Joseph Smith translated and gave testimony of the Book of Mormon. His testimony went with him to his death, and with his amazing faith, and power from God to translate the plates we are blessed to have a second testament of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love you all. Keep in touch.

Elder Burgess

I'm Alive!

Bronze Elephants and Ugly Ties

I went on this cool double-decker bus tour with my zone today. We went to the older parts of Puebla, and got some cool pictures. This photo of me is in front of the most popular Catholic cathedral in Puebla, and it's taken from the top of the double-decker bus.



My first baptism!