Monday, November 4, 2013

I'm Alive!

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

I´m alive!

Sorry it's been a while since you all have had the chance to receive an email from me. I know it's the highlight or your week, so i decided to make this week a little brighter for you all.

First off, after my appendix surgery two weeks ago, I´m recovering well. I have a three inch scar, and I can probably start to work again sometime this week. These past two weeks I´ve been studying Preach My Gospel and reading a book on the Atonement my Mission President gave me. He also gave me 17 Miracles. Usually this movie and the book aren't allowed in the mission, but since my Mission President gave them to me, I guess it's alright.

Next week is transfers, so I will find out sometime this week if I'm moving. And then it's just a four week change because of Christmas. Usually there are six weeks between transfers. December 10th is the next change, so one this month, and one next month. Days are flying! Christmas will be here before I know it. I´m excited NOT to shovel or see any snow this year. :)

So cool story, D** (name omitted for privacy), the investigator I´ve been teaching every week since I´ve been in Mexico finally started coming to church. I´ve had many disappointing Sundays, and after many Sabbath Day commandment lessons, and many invitations to covenant with God to follow this important commandment, she came! She´s come five times, because that's the rule. Investigators need to attend church five times before baptism. And she is being baptized this Saturday. My 3rd baptism! But here's the cooler part... She asked me to baptize her!!!  Estoy muy animado! (I am very excited!)

I promise to write more next week.

Love,

Elder Burgess

Emergency Surgery for Elder Burgess

On the Mend