Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Bronze Elephants and Ugly Ties

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(**Note to reader: Clicking on the highlighted words will link you to additional information about the phrases Elder Burgess uses in his letter. Also, clicking on the photos will enlarge them.)

Hey,

I spent this week trying my hardest to just "work". It's challenging at times, but is turning out to be a good experience.

A cool investigator family makes these bronze statues. I'll attach a picture. It's kind of a crazy set up because his job is very low key. So in our area book we don't write where he works, and what he does for work. It's to keep him safe. I guess these puppies (elephants) aren't cheap.

Also, for the Christmas party in December, there is an ugly tie contest. I was very proud to find seven new ties this week. Some of them are just absolutely ugly. BUT to a missionary, they are very cool. Please write me back (EVERYONE) about what tie is the ugliest, so I know what tie to wear to the Christmas party in December.

Also with my last companion, Elder Alejandre, one day we were contacting on the streets and we started talking to this lady who just went off on all the facts of the Book of Mormon...She said she was a member of our church and gave us her address. I never could find the house with Elder Alejandre. I thought it was a joke. But this week I did find it with Elder Cocon. It's a whole family of members. They just haven't been to church in years, and their records aren't in the ward. It's a little miracle that made my week. I hope they can once again come back to church and unto Christ.

Not a lot more this week. Ya'll have a good week now!

With love,

Elder Burgess

On the Mend

Just Working Hard in Mexico

Elder Brian Burgess, Mexico Puebla North Mission
My ugly ties for the Christmas party