Monday, May 18, 2015

Semana Loca - Sister Maren Madsen

 Written by Sister Maren Madsen, serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hermanas Siler and Madsen - MTC Graduation
So this was the fastest week of my life! Just last Sunday we were watching the district's slideshow of those who left. We were thinking, "Wow, in just one week that will be us," and then I blinked and it has already come and pass! Muy Loco!

Elder Bednar came Saturday night and I cannot even completely describe in words the feeling that I was able to experience while he was here, but I am going to try.

So Saturday afternoon we made our teachers promise us that they would let us out of class five minutes early so that we could run the GBH Auditorium and get good seats. It was a genius idea because I was on the front row, probably no more than 15 feet away from one of 12 men on earth who holds sacred priesthood keys. We got to the meeting an hour and a half early and weren't even the first people there. (We got really good at eating pretty quickly.) The time flew and we were asked to sing a few himnos to bring the Spirit. We were asked to stand, and then I saw him walking down the aisle. I can still remember very vividly the peace and love that entered the room with him. Just as soon as he was gone, we were left to ponder and cherish those feelings.

He opened it up for questions and answers right off the bat. He told us to forget about all those nonsense curiosity questions that we have been dreaming to ask an apostle for our whole lives and follow the spiritually prompted questions. Although I wasn't able to ask my questions, all of them were answered. 

One thing that was so amazing to me was how he told about praying as an agent rather than an object. "We are not things just waiting for something to come along and make us do or feel something," he said. It made me ponder how often in my life am I finding myself just coasting along waiting for something to wake me up?

This among many other things were answered very spiritually. He also challenged us to pray as agents. I have lots of changes to make. I was so grateful for that experience! I hope I never forget how strong the spirit was in that room.

I love my Savior, and I love the love that he has given me for others. He truly does lead this church. One day I hope to be the missionary he deserves. I have a feeling tomorrow I will see what that is like and strive to be obtain those qualities. I love the stories of the Bible and the Book Of  Mormon that teach us of our duty in this life. These things are true, and I know it.

Love,
Hermana Madsen

MTC District Hermanas


Last Week in Mexico (May 14, 2015)

Horn Lake, Mississippi (May 25, 2015)
MTC Zone Hermanas and Elders