Monday, February 23, 2015

New Companion and Coyote Burger - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Elder Concha and Elder Burgess, Mexico Puebla North Mission
Everybody!

I hope all is well! I was transferred last Tuesday, and now I am training my new companion, Elder Concha from Chile. We are in the ward, Camino Real, which is in walking distance from my first ward, Antequera. I feel weird knowing that this could be (high chance) my last area in the mission. We spent the week walking around and finding some investigators in the area book. The ward is amazing, and the members want to work. I feel like it's in the nicer part of Puebla, so everyone offers us rides in their brand new cars, and we eat in some pretty nice houses!

I COMPLETELY FORGOT to tell you all, that today with the zone we saw the movie, Meet the Mormons. It has been officially translated and is in the theatres in Mexico. President Christensen was sent a  copy, and today we saw it in the stake center. I highly recommend the movie!

We found the Coyote Burger (the closest to an American burger I have found in the entire mission...) just down the street from our house, pure sirloin and other meat. This one is called the "Monster Burger."

I want you all to know that i love you, and hope all is well on your side of the world. 


Love, Elder Burgess




Stellar Week (February 16, 2015)

Good Trade  (March 2, 2015)




My district... well it kinda is. Two sisters had emergency transfers and so the zone leaders are now in the district.