Monday, January 12, 2015

Training and "Just Havin' Fun" - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey friends and family!!

How are you guys?? I am on cloud #9 here in Tierras Blancas! Time is flying, and my companion and I are just the best of friends and goof around way too much, haha! (We get along really well :) Somos locas!! We have had a really quick and pretty successful week this week. Here's what went down:

We have officially finished teaching Ba** all of the lessons that he needs to be baptized this Sunday! He will have his baptism interview Wednesday, and from there, we just have to wait until Sunday :) He is really excited, and told us yesterday that all he wants is "to get baptized and start his new life." Isn't it amazing how we really CAN start a new life when we follow Christ's example?? I love it!

Se** was confirmed a member of the church yesterday! He was grinning from ear to ear and looked to be the happiest person at church yesterday :) We have started to teach him his retention lessons this week, and should be finished by February. He still has a long way to go in the Gospel, but I have always loved seeing people's first steps and weeks in the Gospel and this "new life" that they have begun :)

Funny story time! This week, we had our weekly meeting with our ward mission leader and while we were talking about our investigators' needs, his phone started to go off with some song in English about "weed, drinking, and just havin' fun." I looked at the American elder in our ward and we both just shook our heads and smiled because, obviously, the people have no idea what that song means, but they like the beat, haha! That happens way too much here....

My companion is just the cutest thing ever! She teaches like a pro, and I feel like she is training me more than I am training her! We work SOOOO hard all day long and always come home and chat on the couch, just dying laughing together. She keeps me sane :) I love training!!

Well guys, I really don't have that much more to inform you all on! (note from Mom: I'm not editing this because she will laugh when she gets back to speaking English and sees some of the things she said when she had a Spanish brain, haha!) It's been an awesome week, honestly, and we are just working at our fullest every moment and enjoying missionary life :) I will miss this!!! I hope that you all have a great week, and I will talk to you all next week! (Don't be too "trunky" in the meantime :P

Love you!!

Hermana Hannah Avery

My Final Transfer (January 5, 2015)

Bautismo  (January 19, 2015)