Monday, January 5, 2015

My Final Transfer - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.)

Saying goodbye to one of my favorite people in Chorillos!
Hey family and friends! :)

I hope that you all had a great New Year celebration, and that your resolutions are working out well for you :) haha! Well, I have a LOT of news for you all this week! Ready??

First off, I was transferred! On New Year's Eve, I got the call from my mission president that I would no longer be a Sister Training Leader, but that I was going to have a new assignment to train a new hermana (sister missionary) here. I packed my things, said goodbye to my family here in Chorrillos, and left for transfers meeting.

I was called to serve in Tierras Blancas, in the North of our mission, which is near Coquimbo. I hopped on a bus, and rode through the night without a single view of fireworks, but lots of excitement for a new year, new area, and new companion :) I arrived to my new area at about 2 a.m. (about 7 and a half hours later) and was picked up by my companion, Hermana Moreno, at about 2:30 a.m. We arrived to our apartment at 3:30 a.m. and crashed until we had to wake up for the next day 4 hours later! It was a crazy night for sure!
Last dinner with sweet Hermana Evans

Hermana Moreno is from Argentina, and this is her second transfer in the mission. She is 21 years old and super cute! She is a really hard worker, and I love her excitement for the work :) She makes me happy, and we are great friends! It should be a really great transfer!

So, we had a baptism yesterday! The boys name is Se** and he is 15 years old. He was SUPER happy and just all smiles :) Us too! It was my companion's first baptism. She was too cute and super excited about it! We have another boy named Ba**, who likes to learn English, and I asked him to come to church yesterday and he did! He told me thanks for asking him to be there, and that he wants to be baptized in 2 weeks. I was like, OKAY! Let's go! :) He is great. So, we are working hard here and just running everywhere! It's great! :)

Training has been awesome so far! It's always been my dream to train, so I am more than happy to get to do it in my last mission transfer. I am thrilled to have lots of work to do here, and that I am being kept on my toes :) It's fun!

Well guys, that is all the news I have for this week! I will write you all again next week (of course!) to let you know how things are going here in the "golden area" :) I love you all so much! Have a great week and I will talk to you soon!

xoxoxoxoxo Hermana Avery

It's an Amazing Life (December 29, 2014)

Training and "Just Havin' Fun"  (January 12, 2015)

Baptism in Tierras Blancas



Saying goodbye to more friends in Chorillos!

I found a Maryland flag being used as a canopy!
The bugs are eating me alive!
My new area

My new area
Tierras Blancas, Coquimbo, Chile
Our living room
Bedroom


Dining area
Different view of our living room

Study area