Monday, December 15, 2014

Zai Jian (Goodbye) - Elder Joshua Avery

Written by Elder Joshua Avery, traveling today to the Singapore Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Mandarin Chinese.

Elder Joshua Avery - Singapore Mission
Hey family and friends!

I'm almost all packed. I have my laundry from this week in the wash and then I will be "officially" packed. I'm a little close on weight, but I think we will be fine :) It is hard because in the States we get 45 pounds for our carry on, but on our flight to Singapore we only get 15 pounds! Yikes. We weighed my language study material, and that by itself is 35 pounds...sheesh! I'm so excited to call later today. It is going to be really cool to talk to you.

Since it was our last Sunday before we leave, my district decided to watch "Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar again. It is the best! There is so much in it that I couldn't do it justice, but if I had to sum it up, I would say that the "Character of Christ" is to turn outwards towards others, when the natural man would turn inwards to himself.

I wish I had more to say, but mostly I am just excited to head to the field. I will try and e-mail you next week and tell you when I am Skyping for Christmas.

Love You!
Feng Zhang Lao

As Long As I Don't Have to Wear a Dress (December 8, 2014)

Ipoh, Malaysia  (December 22, 2014)

Good friends from high school, Elders Sedric and Avery

MTC Mandarin District (Elder Avery, top right)

"I will miss seeing this everyday." - Elder Josh Avery
MTC District with our Branch President
(My eyes are closed! Never trust the missionary
taking the photo. Always check it, haha!)