Monday, September 8, 2014

The Epistle of Elder Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hello World!

I love you all! I hope all is well in Utah or whatever part of the world you are currently located.

So last Tuesday I had transfers. I am now in the same stake but in the ward of Resurgimiento. My new companion, Elder Mendoza from Ensenada Baja California North, Mexico, and I are the zone leaders here in the Fuertes Sur zone. We have 0 investigators, and we are in the process of changing apartments, but we have had fun together this last week! I love life, and hope you all do too!

Today we went to a Catholic Cathedral here in Puebla. It's the biggest one and most famous one here in Puebla. And it's on the other side of the street from our mission. So we called President Christensen to get permission to go out of the mission to see it. It was pretty old, and big. A while back, when I did a  bus tour of the center of Puebla, I sent a picture to you guys of me and the bus in front of the cathedral. Today I will send another one, because I actually went in today. :) The Catholic Church has a lot of history and old buildings. It's different from how I would imagine a church building, but it's interesting.

Our church is so true! I love you so much!

ELDER BURGESS

El Lobo  (September 15, 2014)

Photos from Elder Burgess  (September 1, 2014)

Welcome to my new apartment, haha! Actually, it's the cathedral.

  Just doing some street proselyting, looking for the priest.