Monday, September 15, 2014

El Lobo - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey world. I took a nice picture of a Lobo (Wolf) next the Luna (Moon). The cake shop El Globo had a couple lights go out. So I took a picture for a memory, haha. And then the other picture I attached is of my companion and me. His name is Elder Mendoza from Baja California. We are in our new house, and it has an amazing boiler. Nice, hot water when I shower.

This week we added four investigators to our teaching pool of four investigators. Opening a new area is hard. But we are seeing miracles! I honestly am really tired... my mind is running blank of things to write. I hope my emails aren't pointless. Sometimes I feel like I just say, "hey," and attach a few photos. But I want you all to know that I know that this church is true! The Spirit has testified it to me. And I will never deny it!! I love you all sooo much!

This week my companion and I had a meeting with President Christensen, the stake president, and the other two zone leaders, about the stake and the progress we can see in the missionary work. Then Friday there was a stake activity. The stake president said all the missionaries in Fuertes needed to go. So we gathered up the zone and went. We ate, then they had a stake dance...so ya, we got out of there really fast. I still am confused to why the whole zone went. But hey, it was fun! haha. Except the dance... just really awkward being there. Haha. Fun day.

I love you all so much!

Elder Burgess

The Epistle of Elder Burgess  (September 8, 2014)

Justice and Mercy  (September 22, 2014)

Elder Burgess and Elder Mendoza

Lobo (wolf) and Luna (moon)  :)