Monday, July 7, 2014

Lots of Work in Randers - Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen, serving in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Danish.

Mor,

This week was great. We have been able to reconnect with a couple of old friends who met with the missionaries before. That was great! One of them is a recovering crack addict, and his wife walked out on him 4 years ago, leaving him with their two little girls. It was a sad story. He got remarried and tried to follow the path of life, but then it took a turn and he has fought very well through it. He is very focused in his daughters. We talked about the love that God has for His children, and it went well. He invited us back. I don’t know how positive he was towards the message, but he loves the chats and the feeling. So that’s great.

We met with a lady who I'd met with Ældste Brindley, but she'd dropped us. Well, the other day we were walking down the street and she invited us back to her home. We met with her, and this time we took a new angle tried to talk about why she'd cancelled her dåbs dato and she just said she became too busy with work. So then we focused on her feelings when she was reading and going to church.  She said she loves the feeling, it’s just hard to read and all that. We'd brought a member of the ward along with us, and we all invited her to come to church. The member we brought is so funny because he is a convert himself.  He was one of those guys who dropped out in high school and joined a biker club. He has some great stories, and he is from the most west part of Denmark....like by Herning. He also had a stoke, but he is one of the hardest Danes to understand! It's always fun to talk to him.

Well, that appointment went great. The next day we found a couple of people to meet with this week. T** and V** had to cancel our appointment, but we will met with them on Wednesday. We met with B** again and had a great lesson. We watched The First Vision and invited her to baptism. She said yes and she needs to pray about it. The members of the ward have taken her in so well. I am excited for her.

Yesterday we were waiting outside the church for those who we'd invited to show up. While waiting, we remembered that B** said that she could not come because she goes to this club once every three months, and it was the only time that she can go this year. We were just talking to the members outside the church and then, all of a sudden, here comes B**. She came to church, all three hours, and then she was excited for us to meet with her on Thursday.

Long story short, the Lord has really blessed Randers this week. We also found out that in August Randers will open another companionship in the area. They will be splitting the area. After President told me that in my interview, it all just made sense as to why the Lord has been so merciful and blessed the area with so many new people to teach. I am not going to lie, I am really nervous. We get transfer calls today, and I feel like I will be leaving.  I don’t want to because I feel like everything is about to explode. But I will go where I am called to serve, in any case. This is not my mission!!

I am glad that all is well. I hope and pray that you all will continue to have a great week. I will let you know if I get transferred.  Love you.

Med Kærlig Hilsen

Ældste Madsen

Two hours later: Transfer

I am going to be serving in....Aalborg, the city of where Hans Peter Madsen was last before traveling to the good ol' U.S. of A. I am super excited, but I don’t want to leave Randers!!

 Prayers Drive the Work (June 30, 2014)

Leaving Randers  (July 14, 2014)