Monday, July 14, 2014

Leaving Randers - Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen, serving in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Danish.

MOR!!!!!

It's going to be short this week. We have some stuff to do, and that is what happens when we have transfers on Mondays. It’s all good.

Anyway, long story short, this week we were completely packed with lessons in Randers. We had two very good lessons with T** and V** and B**. T** and B** were in church, and they both are waiting on a baptismal date. I am hoping it will happen in the next couple of weeks so that I can go to both of them. That is the great news!

Man, I LOVE Denmark!!
Other news: P** went to church for the first time in 5 years this week. It was great. He liked it, and the members liked him. We had four investigators in church and a less active member who has never come to the branch before. It was a very big blessing for my last week in Randers. The best part was that the branch president got a cancellation on Friday and called me to ask if I would speak in church since I was leaving. I could not say no :) So, yeah, the pressure was on. I felt like it went okay. The Spirit defiantly did the teaching because I probably made no sense.

It was a great week. I am very happy with the work and the progress in Randers. The Lord has really been keeping the branch (*small congregation) in mind. I am not going to lie, the whole idea of being in a ward (*large congregation) is freaking me out. To have more than 35 people in church is going to be new, or at least not what I am used to anymore. I have spent the great portion of my mission in branches of 6 to 50 members, so that will be a new experience. Anyway great week.

Keep being busy. It’s a lot better than not. Business keeps the heart pumping. Anyway, love you. We’ll talk next week.

Ældste Madsen

 Lots of Work in Randers (July 7, 2014)

Happy Birthday, Elder Madsen!  (July 21, 2014)