Monday, July 21, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hello family and friends!

Well, to start off, we did NOT have transfers this week! :) I am still here with Hermana Giron in Mirador. She only has about 25 days left in the mission! AHHH! So, I will be with her on her last day of the mission. And, I will have to get a new companion probably half way through this change since she will probably be going home before the next transfer.

Also, our area got expanded!! The Elders that were in our ward here with us before left, and the mission president decided to give Hermana Giron and I the area, along with our current area, instead of having two new missionaries go to that area. So, we are SUPER busy because we are now in our current area AND a brand new area! We are contacting lots of people, and tracting like crazy! Pray for us! We are super tired, but SUPER excited to have more area and more people to teach! :)

The next big news for this week is that we have conferences with our mission president tomorrow! We are meeting up with him tomorrow with 3 or 4 other zones as a big conference. It should be a lot of fun! I will fill you all in on that next week :)

The biggest news for this week is that we are going to be having two more baptisms this week! Javier and M** are going to be baptized on the 26th (this Saturday!) Their mom still doesn't feel  comfortable being baptized, but told us that if she feels something in the baptism of her husband and daughter that she will do it. Well, I sure hope that the Holy Ghost can work on her this week! :) Pray for her! She is amazing, she just needs a real testimony. She is reading and praying, just hasn't come to an answer yet. But, I will let you know how things go in the baptism next week!

I got an awesome email this week from J**, one of my investigators from Ovalle! She wrote me this week and said that she and her little brother, I**, were baptized this week and that her Mom and Grandma are now receiving the lessons too! This makes me SOOO happy! She was going to be baptized with me in Ovalle months ago, but her family wouldn't give her permission to do it then. But, now she is baptized! Miracles happen for sure :) I am beyond happy to see that some of the seeds that I planted months ago are now starting to bloom into baptisms and eternal families... oh, I love this Gospel!!! :)

Well, other that that, we really haven't had much else happen this week. We did have a crazy guy from Canada, who only speaks English, find us in our new area. He came up to me and started yelling at me saying that "Joe Smith isn't a prophet and you are all false" yada, yada, yada.... yeah, I told him that I loved him and that God does too. What else can I say to someone who is yelling at me in English in front of a bunch of people who speak Spanish?! haha! But, I prayed for him that night that he would receive the missionaries and be baptized one day.... who knows :)

Well guys, I hope that you all have a great week! We are going to be busy, busy, busy this week and for the whole rest of this transfer I believe! We are seeing miracles and working like crazy everyday! I will talk to you all next week! I love you!

xoxooxo Hermana Avery

Be Ye Therefore Converted (July 14, 2014)

Bautismo!  (July 28, 2014)