Monday, July 14, 2014

Be Ye Therefore Converted - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hello friends and family!! :)

We had a CRAZY week this week! We prepared the baptism for A*** M*** this week, and it was some tough work! The baptism was awesome, but man was Satan working on us.... pretty much everything went wrong at the last second. We had to do pretty much everything alone, but we ended this week with a successful baptism and a happy convert :) To me, all of the tears and frustration and hard work these past three months were totally worth seeing him enter the waters of baptism! We are now preparing two more baptisms for the end of the month, on the 26th! Keep them in your prayers. We know that they can do it! :)

We also had another earthquake this week! AHHH! You all know that I hate those, LOL! It was like a 5.6 or something, so not huge for Chile, but, here is the story. (I hope you all can laugh about these things while I wipe away tears of fear, haha!). So, Hermana Giron and I were talking on my bed about what things we have learned in our time together as companions, what things we hope to do before finishing the mission, what we want to do after, etc. You know, really sweet talk and all.... and then, as I am telling her about my goals for the mission... BAMMMM! The whole apartment starts shaking like crazy for about 45 seconds, and we hear this horrible roaring sound from the earth moving (why?!?!? hahahaha!) and a ton of people started running out of the apartments and screaming, which doesn't help me nerves much. Well, my companion is scared of earthquakes too and froze, so I had to be superwoman and unplug everything like Lightning McQueen, and open all the doors! I don't know where I am living right now, but clearly, the earth didn't like my goals :P Yes, we are happy and safe, and I have kept my goals to myself these last few days, hahaha!

We are going to be having transfers this week. I believe that Hermana Giron is leaving me, since she goes home to Guatemala in about 3 and a half weeks! She won't be able to finish the mission as a leader, so we think that she is being transferred this Wednesday, and I will be getting a new companion. Sad day! One of the hardest things about the mission is all the changes. But, changes are a good thing :) They help us to grow in more ways than one!

Well guys, I hope that you all have a great week! I will talk to you all next week, but until then, "don't worry, be happy" :) I love you! Talk to you all soon! :)

xoxooxo Hermana Avery

My Yoke is Easy (July 7, 2014)

Busy, Busy, Busy  (July 21, 2014)