Monday, May 19, 2014

That Missile is Not Messing Around - Elder Dallin Remund

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Good mornin'!
This is on the US Naval Weapons Station in Yorktown.
They have tons of missiles, torpedoes, and bombs on display.

I didn't have enough time to type up a letter last week, but I'm happy to be emailing y'all again! Hope things are warming up a bit out in the West. There has been some killer hot days. Wearing grey pants instead of black pants makes a big difference when you're tracting outside, haha!
Last week was great, and this week was even better. I got to Skype home and talk to the family. The forty minutes flew like none other, but I felt like I was just sitting in the living room with them like old times. Ending the Skype call ripped my heart in two, but it got me off my rear and had me working again so that's a blessing!

Elders Remund and Barber with two men they are teaching.
We had three investigators come to church yesterday. E** and M** came with their super cute baby and then Fr** came as well. It was a joyous day. He is doing really well. We had two lessons with him this week. He's been inviting his friends from the Army in on the lessons. Some of them have responded well from the lessons and one of them is actually reading the Book of Mormon and is going to meet with the missionaries in South Carolina where he was just transferred. Fr**'s wife is coming next week, so we are excited to teach them both and hopefully see them baptized sometime in June!!


One of the funniest, cutest babies I've ever seen!
There have been a lot of really neat stories where the Spirit has prompted me or my companion to talk to certain people. I wish I had the time to write them all down. Suffice it to say that the Spirit is real and that God helps us find 'the one' in missionary companionships every day across the whole world. It is so very personal and real. Although they might not end up progressing or necessarily be a miracle find, it is a testimony that God loves all His children and he gives us opportunities to use our agency in righteous ways.

I thought I better add some pictures. I love y'all so much. Hope you have a great week!

Con amor,

Elder Remund

I FEEL GOOD! (May 5, 2014)

ONE YEAR! (May 26, 2014)