Monday, May 5, 2014

I FEEL GOOD! - Elder Dallin Remund

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey y'all!

Good morning from Yorktown, VA! I hope all is well in whatever corner of the world you're in.

I had a pretty exciting week. Elder Bradshaw got transferred down to Goldsboro, and my new companion, Elder Barber came all the way from Smithfield, North Carolina. We have the same amount of time in the mission, and we are getting along really well. Once again, the Lord has blessed me with a great companion!

I got to conduct my first district meeting. I felt a bit frazzled at first, trying to tie everything together. Sometimes I wonder if I can fulfill all my responsibilities as a missionary, and I realize a lot of it depends on your faith and humility to keep changing and improving. How grateful I am that we preach, and get to live, a gospel of repentance!!

Elder Remund and Elder Barber
As I stated in the email subject, Elder Bednar came to visit the Richmond and Chesapeake missions on Saturday. We had a big open discussion on several gospel topics, and then a question/answer session. He is so down to earth, and he has a fire burning in him, too. Elder Robbins, from the Presidency of the Seventy, and Bishop Davies, from the Presiding Bishopric were there as well. When Bishop Davies got up to speak, he referenced his feelings to one of his favorite oldies songs: "I FEEL GOOD!" We busted up laughing. It was a great meeting. 

He visited our stake on Sunday. We actually had a non-member husband of a less-active member come who we invited to that meeting with Elder Bednar, which was exciting! Elder Bednar brushed over quite a few topics, but one of the most powerful teachings was when he taught and testified to non-members at the stake meeting of the Restoration of the gospel and the priesthood keys. The Spirit was so strong in that room, and I knew without a doubt that Elder Bednar is an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. What a powerful experience that was. I will never forget it.

I look forward to hearing from you all. Sounds like summer is just around the corner. I hope y'all stay safe, and that you stay active in church and you remember the Lord, even in the busy times. Keep the faith!

Con mi amor,

Elder Remund

Oh, There's Sunshine (April 28, 2014)

That Missile is Not Messing Around (May 19, 2014)