Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hamburgers and Double Fries...Anytime! - Elder Kolby Madsen


Written by Elder Kolby Madsen

May 5, 2013

Family,

This week has been kinda crazy!  We had our schedule moved all around because our branch/zone is moving to Y View, the new section of the MTC. But, the change doesn't go into effect until after we leave. That said, because we are expected to move (our branch), our schedule is really late. For example, we used to have breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Now we eat at 8:45 a.m., so sometimes they run out of hash browns. We used to have gym right after dinner, which was way nice because we could go on the field and play softball or kickball. But now our gym time is at 6:45 a.m. So yeah, it is way different.

I have come to know more about Denmark. Something exciting I learned is that Denmark is the highest consumer of meat in the world. The Lord knows me and loves me!

Thank you for the packages. The Jerky was great! I haven’t been doing my exercises, but I do squats and different things. I don’t have time to do a ton of things, but my legs are becoming even again!

I do not need anything. I'm good for now. Thanks for putting my address on Facebook.

Ok, so this week as we have been teaching, things have been going great. We have gone full lessons without reading any notes, which is a good thing. The language is coming along very well, considering the short amount of time we have been here. I thank Heavenly Father for the gift of tongues. I know it’s real!

When me and Elder Wawro teach, it is kind of difficult sometimes because we don’t quite agree on how to do it. Elder Wawro is very smart when it comes to doctrine, and he knows it very well. So when we teach, he feels we need to teach lessons and let them know of the Gospel. I, on the other hand, feel like we should relate the story to the investigator, make it personal, and teach them through their life experiences. We are both seeing each other's side and working on it. He is really great and we rarely disagree, so this is just a small thing that we have been, and will continue, to fix.

Because of the schedule change, our P-days are broken. We have service and devotional on those days, so we can write letters in the mornings now.

I hope all is well. Let me know if Braden got his birthday card from me. It was the funniest one I could find. Keep in mind it’s the MTC, so it’s not always as funny as out there in the real world.

Well, I love you and hope that all is well.

Love,

Ӕldste Madsen

After a Little Blog Stalking...  (April 30, 2013)

Don't Jump in a Loose Elevator! (May 7, 2013)

No More Double Fries for Elder Madsen (May 15, 2013)

Mmmm...Hamburgers and double fries...anytime!