Friday, April 26, 2013

A Letter from Elder Madsen


April 26, 2013

Hey Family,

Well, after the second week of being here in the MTC, everything is going great. We found out that our investigator was an employee of the MTC and is actually teaching the other Danish district in our zone.

Everything is great. I am so grateful to be here. I can't really imagine how things would have been if I would have had to wait. I just found out that if I would have had to wait, I would not have been able to come until July. By then I probably would have hurt myself again.

We have two investigators we practice with. One is Makkel and the other is Søren. Makkel is our current teacher portraying an investigator he had. He had to teach because he has a ton of questions that I just don't know how to answer in Danish. I could do it in English, but not Danish. My companion and I get along great. I am grateful for his love and patience with me.

We just got done washing our white shirts and we noticed white fluff on all of our shirts. Ældste Wawro forgot to check his pockets. His rule book ("white Bible") was in his pocket. LOL! That's why I love him. Never a dull moment.

Well, the lessons are going great. We just have to do our best and listen to the Spirit. My knee is doing great. Gym time is really hard because when I play things I can't run or jump, so I have resorted to all time setter for volleyball, and for kickball, all time pitcher. I take it easy.

I see how the Lord has affected me in many ways, starting with the chance to be here and learn with a great group of future Danes. I have the opportunity to serve my district by being the District Leader. All of these things that have happened before, and while I have been here, just testify to me of the truth...that I am supposed to serve in Denmark. I don't know why, but I know it's where I am supposed to be.

The Lord has a great amount of love for all of us, and I see it every day with the tender mercies. I know that this Gospel is true and that everything in the world is possible through our Lord and Savior. I know that everything happens for a reason and that things may not be happening the way you want them to, but the Lord knows best. I know that through faith all things can and will be made known...not on our time frame, but according to the Lord's will. I love your support and love.

Kærlighed,

 Ældste Madsen

Hamburgers and Double Fries....Anytime! (May 5, 2013)

Inside the MTC with Elder Madsen (May 5, 2013)

After a Little Blog Stalking...(April 30, 2013)

Elders Wawro and Madsen

Elder Madsen's MTC District at the Provo Utah Temple

More missionaries from Elder Madsen's MTC District