Monday, July 27, 2015

Ain't Nobody Got Time to Build Sidewalks - Sister Maren Madsen

Written by Sister Maren Madsen, serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Alaska sounds great! Green...that reminds me of how I felt when I came here...I was thinking to myself...where is all the dead grass?? I'm happy it was fun. We have this ongoing battle of who has the cutest engagement pictures on the fridge, and Kolby and Hannah have the #1 spot as of now so tell them thanks for that. :)

Also the Pringles are getting devoured. They were a good pick along with everything else, really. It's probably going to take a while to get through all that popcorn! But no worries, we can do it :) Also can you send me family pictures? Like the ones we took at Daybreak Lake?

So this week was full, to say the least. Time is the strangest thing to figure out. Sometimes it's our worst enemy and other times it is our best friend... que raro! Pero...It was bike week and it was funny because it was Hermana Hudson's first time using her bike on her mission and she was not excited. She says that in the end it was good though. I am not sure I believe her :) But, Monday we were telling her that it's fine, and when you fall it isn't bad and low and behold I wiped out going over train tracks and stopped traffic because here in the south ain't nobody got time to build sidewalks... but it was super awkward because I thought it was the funniest thing ever and my companions just sat there and worried.... HOW AWKWARD! Well at least I know I can stop traffic:)

This week we kind of all decided to be better. More exactly obedient. Mostly with punctuality. And I can see that as we have done that, we have started to see more success. I love it. I want to find more rules, and obey them! I can see how much they help my testimony grow and how they are keeping me spiritually strong.

This week we got a flash flood warning while we were biking but didn't think much of it because we get those all the time! As none of our appointments were opening their doors, we saddled back onto our bikes and giant hail started to fall. Before we knew it we were inside a nearby laundromat, freezing. It turned out to make for an interesting story. We met this guy who was... well not in his right mind at the moment because we weren't sure his label on the water bottle was correct. But he was just admiring how three young girls "found God" in their lives and anyway, we started to talk to him a little bit (He also told me I looked Irish because my hair was almost red... yeah). But he was really interested in our message. Unfortunately we weren't able to finish the lesson. He was a very interesting man, to say the least. But it was a fun experience.

We also had the chance to talk to a new investigators, and it was good to be reminded of how the
Lord truly is preparing people for us to teach. We are looking for the sheep, not the goats (a letter from Jake). But I also know that we can relate that back to our obedience. Love this gospel and love all that I am able to learn. I also really love bike week...

1 bird

2 armadillos

2 snakes

a bit of my skin :)

Love you so much, Mom! And I hope you can feel peace and know that I pray for you everyday. Te quiero mucho!

Hermana Madsen

Just thought I'd share this:

"The man whose treasure is of earth leaves it all at death; he whose wealth is in heaven goes to his own, and death is but the portal to his treasury."

Not Today Satanas! (July 20, 2015)

Doctrinal Slaps to the Face  (August 3, 2015)