Monday, February 9, 2015

Best Week So Far - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey Everyone!

So on Friday we went to another leadership council at the mission home! Super amazing and spiritual conference! Always amazing breakfast and lunch as well, thanks to Sister Christensen!

But I heard some of the best news thus far on my mission on Tuesday....I was on divisions with the elders from Tezoquipan (our district leader) and President Christensen calls me..... so normally on the mission after we leave an area we can't go back. Even if it's for a baptism of a convert... But President Christensen called me and said he talked to Lo**, an investigator from my last area, Resurgimiento. And that he also talk to the Stake President and he invited me to go back to my area to be able to baptize Lo**. As a special once in a mission opportunity. So I took it!!!!

I went back to Resurgimiento on Saturday to baptize Lo**! She was and is one of the best investigators I have ever had. She is what we call a Golden Investigator. And I am so happy and privileged to have baptized her! She was crying to see me walk into the church again, and cried again to see Elder Mendoza my last companion show up as well! A very amazing day for her. A life changing moment that she decided to share with us again!

Then yesterday was the stake conference in Tlaxcala! Amazing day. I was able to see members from Zacatelco and Teotlalzingo (my two past areas) at the conference. And including the members I saw Saturday at the baptism. I was able to see three past areas in two days! I am so blessed!

Mi** is progressing toward her baptism this next Saturday. Pray that everything will go as it should. She is so excited!

I am so grateful for every single day and minute and second I have to be a missionary!  I love being a part of this great work.

Know that you are loved.

Elder Burgess

Mole: Not the Animal (February 2, 2015)

Stellar Week  (February 16, 2015)