Monday, January 26, 2015

The Amazing Adventures of Elder Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.
 
Our Zone
Hey Y'all,

So this last week I went on divisions with the elders from Teotlalzingo (one of my past areas). It was super nice seeing some of my past investigators and some members.

On Wednesday we had our zone meeting. My companion and I talked about working with members and setting baptismal dates. Fun meeting! I love being with the zone!

My companion is gonna go to BYU after the mission. So on Friday we traveled about 2 hours to the mission offices in Puebla so he could take an English test to help him on getting registered to BYU. It's kinda nice having a companion who speaks English. We are both fluent in Spanglish, sometimes we just talk in Spanish, and then when one of us says an English word we change to English.. And then when we say a Spanish word we switch back to Spanish, etc. ... to the point of not recognizing the language, just being able to understand everything.

We have been working with Ro** (14 year old) who lives by Cacaxtla (Google search Cacaxtla Tlaxcala, it's actually in my area. Haha, I still haven't gone, but one day will) and he is progressing amazingly to his baptism scheduled for February 14th.

Mi** who lives in front of us is also very excited for her baptism on the 14th of February as well. Her mom was baptized when she was 9 years old, and right now she is going back to church. Mi** will be baptized on the 14th! I am so excited for her!

I love every minute that I get to serve. I hope that the time can slow down. But I don't think it will. I love you all so much!

I will attach pictures of the zone and Jack, our dog.... Okay as missionaries we can't have a pet. But he is the landlord´s dog and so he follows anyone who walks out of our house. So we have adopted him as our friend who just likes being with us.

Con mucho amor,

Elder Burgess
Jack

Don't Try This at Home (January 19, 2015)

MOLE: Not the animal  (February 2, 2015)