Monday, January 26, 2015

I Don't Know About You, But I'm Feeling 22! - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Sister Hannah Avery (and her mom) in 1993
Hey friends and family!

Well, it's been an extremely FAST week for us! I can't believe I am back writing you all again. Time flies when you are busy! Here is what happened this week:

Well, B** was confirmed a member of the church yesterday and is super happy :) He is a really good kid and is really trying to turn his life around. It's been fun helping him along the way! He will be preparing to receive the Aaronic Priesthood this week we hope!

Al** and Ni**.... well, Al** is in the North working in the mines until Tuesday, so we haven't seen him recently, but we have visited with Ni** and she is doing really great! She said that they know that the church is true, and are working on getting married, but that it is hard for them to accept paying tithing. They said that it's hard just to get by in life, and they feel that giving 10% of their income to the Lord is just another expense. We shared our testimonies of tithing, and she seemed a little more open to the idea now. It's one of those set backs that is easy to fix if they will just try their faith :)

We had a lesson with Ca** this week and she told us that she broke up with her boyfriend. So she officially is living the law of chastity! :) WOOHOO! We just need to schedule a date with her and get her baptized! We are hoping that we can make it happen before the end of this transfer!! Pray for her! :)

Well, other than that, we have just been visiting lots of less active members and trying to find new people to teach! We did have a ward mission activity on Friday and had a movie night. We watched "Ephraim's Rescue" which I haven't ever seen (it came out while I was on the mission) and it was great! I really liked the movie a lot, and how it puts a lot of focus on the faith of people and the power of the priesthood. Really cool movie. If you haven't seen it, go see it!

So.... "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!" this week! (I hope you can hear me singing that for you all, in my best Taylor Swift voice :) I feel crazy old. I came into the mission being 20 years old, and go home being 22.... what in the world?! Thanks to all of you who have sent birthday wishes :) You are the best!!

Okay guys, I hope that you all have a great week! Work hard, pray hard, and remember that you guys have a big role in missionary work too! Go spread the love :) Talk to you soon!

xoxoxoo Hermana Avery

Sister Hannah Avery
Chile Vina del Mar Mission
Happy Birthday!!

Bautismo and Trunky Papers (January 26, 2015)

The Hardest Thing I Ever Loved To Do  (February 2, 2015)