Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Greenie Fire - Elder Dallin Remund

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Elders Cannon and Remund - Virginia Chesapeake Mission
Helloooo everyone!

I apologize for how long it's been since I last wrote a full email like this to everybody.

I had an incredible week and overall just a great month. This is a great change because the past couple years I was convinced that January was a cursed month that lasted super long. This January, I have been so busy and also really concentrated on setting goals and hitting them.

My New Year's resolution was split up into three broad sections:

-The first is to stay healthier and stay away from ice cream and soda except for on holidays, and to track my workouts.
-The second is to continue to improve my Spanish skills and retain it after the mission. (I've got some other specific goals to help me with that.)
-The third is to improve in diligence. Each day I have a focus, sometimes from Preach My Gospel, sometimes it's physical or simple (like smiling more or staying positive), and then I write about it in my journal that night. I can honestly say this goal has helped me out a ton in missionary work, and it keeps me staying accountable for goals that I hit. I think it's because of this that this month has been flying and that I've been so happy. I have become more aware of my weaknesses, and I am continually realizing there are simple things I can do each day to be a better servant of the Lord.

Missionary work wise, we have been working a lot with the members. We go over to their homes and have a lesson and, at the end, they have a big list of names they are working with and we are finding a lot of work from there. The members in this ward are amazing. All that work should keep us very busy this week.

For those who don't know, I have a new companion (2 weeks ago) named Elder Merkley. He's from Seattle, Washington and he is great. He reminds me of one of my cousins a lot. We get along well and have great unity.

We are going through the '12 Week' program as a mission, so we're getting 'trained' all over again, hence the greenie fire I am displaying in this letter. The fundamentals of Preach My Gospel are inspired and they help us focus on our purpose. It has helped me become a "Preach My Gospel" missionary.

I am incredibly excited for this week. I hope you are doing well.

Con animo,

Elder Remund

Feliz Navidad de Wilson, NC (December 29, 2014)

Photos from Elder Remund  (January 26, 2015)