Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Official! - Elder Jacob Avery

Written by Elder Jacob Avery, serving in the Peru Lima West Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Yeah, yesterday I got my official Peruvian ID card. It usually takes about an hour so they didn't give us time to go to internet before going to immigrations because we were supposed to be back in our area before 10 a.m....but, someone forgot to send our documents, so we sat in a line from 7 in the morning until 6 in the evening. On the bright side, I got to 3rd Nephi and I'll probably be able to finish the Libro de Mormon again before Christmas!

My ID card is pretty cool. It's colorful and says that I'm a "religious person." I don't need to do any of the leaving the country stuff again!!

I opened my December 1st bag and I love it. I have my tree in my room and I'm super happy. Thank you so much for the snowflakes and the calendar and everything else!!

We moved rooms (apartment) and my new room is smaller but it's 100000 times better. It's cheaper, cleaner, actually has a floor, and has lots and lots of natural light. When we left our old room, I looked into it one last time and could not believe that I had lived in such a cave for so long. The new landlords are cool too. The dad wants to have an "Elder plaque" (name tag) like us.

Well, apart from that, I don't have a huge report. We're doing a family history night with our converts so that they can take family names to the temple. We're also finding new families to teach. We took one family on a tour of the church this week and they loved it.

So, I'm officially doing better. This week I'm just praying that I have pictures of many, many baptisms, and in a year temple pictures. We're working and praying for that!! Tell everyone that I love them and miss them! I'm alive and doing well :) The church is true and the book is blue!

P.S. Tell Maren congrats on her mission call!

Love, Elder Jake Avery

Setting Goals (November 17, 2014)

My Vow  (December 8, 2014)