Monday, November 17, 2014

Just Another Way of Saying Opportunity - Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen, serving in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Danish.

Mor (Mom),

Yes, I just got him about an hour ago (he's referring to his new companion, Elder Ogden). He is excited, and yes, he says that his dad works with Brother Anderson. Fun stuff! I will send a picture next week. We just got together. Don’t worry, I know the drill :)

The latest I can stay in Denmark is the 5th of May. No longer, unless the First Presidency would like to have me out longer, which I would love, but probably won’t happen, haha. I have not gotten my dead letter yet (the letter that says when he will be coming home). I think President is waiting for Maren (his sister) to get her call because I told him that was my only concern. I would like to see her before I go. When I find out about her mission call, I think he will send the letter. I don’t know. Everyone else in my group going home has already gotten their letters. So far, from what I've heard,  two are staying until May, the other five I have heard from are going home in March, so that leaves two spots for May and one for March. We will see. I think, in all honesty, it will be the 5th of May when I will be home...which is fine because when Maren comes here, I will just see her here in Denmark, haha! It works for me. You are right. The Lord’s will, will happen. It’s not the first time someone has gone without seeing their siblings in 3-4 years. It’s all good.
Light in the darkness!

Well the Jeppsons should have fun. That should be a great cruise. They will enjoy that, and Lindsey can use her mission language. I am way jealous of that because I can only use mine with like 6 million people in the world, and they all live here. She knows a language that a ton of people speak.   Anyway, good stuff.

This last transfer was so much fun. It was a crazy call to get from President last week. We all thought that if anyone left, it would have been me. Just because Elder Child only got here five weeks prior. But the Lord has other plans, and I am so happy with that.  I love Slagelse so much that I could stay here for the rest on my mission. It won’t happen, but man that would be great.

We have been having some great things happen.  We got in touch with some of our friends that we have not been able to meet with in a while. Unfortunately we had another funeral this week for our friend form Kalundborg.  She was only less active on paper because she had no possible way of getting to church. She just could not handle it physically. She is such an inspiration. She had a huge support system. There were so many people there to wish her off in a peaceful, meaningful way.  Her daughter gave an amazing talk about the spirit world and the plan of salvation. It was great. The Spirit was very strong.

Best family ever!
We had some really good stuff happen with our friends who have been recently baptized and are a little less active. We went and had a pizza party with them and saw Ephraim’s Rescue.  That movie is great. I really like it. We also had a good time meeting with the people that Elder Child wanted to say goodbye to.

It was great to see that everyone in our zone has been stepping up their work load, and things are happening. I know I say it every week, but it is true, the hastening is now.  It's so great to be a part of it, and it goes fast and keeps picking up speed.

Unfortunately S** could not come to church yesterday. He has been having anxiety problems. He has had that the whole time but ironically, after he gets baptized, it gets worse. Satan really knows what he is doing, but the Lord is better! Our patience and love will pay off. He promised to come next week and I feel like he means it.

We actually got to play soccer this week.  It was way fun. S** came. It's been a while since we played here because all the members have been busy.

We had a good time working KBH with the elders up there. I also got to see some of the members who I worked with while I was up there. It was so great to hear that one of the members, shortly after I left, decided to come to church every week and she has been doing that. It was neat to see she even recognized me form a year ago. She has a new light about her. It's amazing to see that happen in peopled. She has a goal to go to the temple in the near future, so that should be way good.

I also got to see Tr**.  I love him so much.  He was so happy to see me. We had a great lesson with him, and it was so much fun to talk to him. The best part was that the last time I saw him I could not really speak Danish, and this time the whole conversation was in Danish. It was crazy! He actually commented on it. It was great to hear (and see) that I have made some progress in my mission. The gift of tongues in real.  It may be frustrating at first, but it comes in the Lord's time, like always. He needs us for certain things at certain times. We just need to do our best to be ready to act when He calls, or when the opportunity presents itself.

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-days Saints is just another way of saying opportunity,"  said Ephraim Hanks. Truth!

Med Kærlig Hilsen,

Elder Madsen

I May Have Done Some Flips and Stuff...I Don't Remember ;) (November 10, 2014)

Little Sister is Called to Serve  (November 24, 2014)