Monday, November 17, 2014

Hello, Zone Activities! - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Wow, it's Monday...once again.

Tuesday we had interviews with President Christensen, then a meeting with the stake president and President Christensen at night.

Wednesday we had the district meeting and two lessons.

Thursday was weekly planning and one lesson.

Friday we had leadership council at the mission home (we ate spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread!) and a ward activity that night.

Saturday we did service by helping a sister sand some window frames to paint them again. I prepared a talk for sacrament meeting on Sunday, and then had a planning meeting with the other zone in the afternoon. After that we had coordination meeting for the ward mission's progress.

Sunday they didn't call me up to the stand, after planning a sweet talk.... their loss. Then we walked around our area, trying to get our heads back in place, after hardly working in our area throughout the entire week.

HAPPY NEWS! About 6 months ago the Area Presidency in Mexico made a rule saying we can't be in groups larger than four on Preparation Day. Friday, at the leadership council, President Christensen read us a letter from the Area Presidency saying that we can now get in large groups on Preparation Day at church meeting houses. Hello, zone activities and soccer again!! Best news I have heard in such a long time.

Elder Garridos birthday celebration!
Today is Elder Garridos birthday, so we invited some wards to come play with our ward. About 50 people were at the church today, and we played soccer and basketball all day. Only the sister missionaries from Alamos came over, but it was fun. We ate cake to celebrate Elder Garridos birthday.

After such a different week, I realized I need to take advantage of literally every second I have to teach a lesson or a gospel principle. Time runs like water and the week is over again. It's a busy time in my mission, but I love teaching and being able to help my investigators. Even if it's only about once a week...Life is still amazing!

I love you all!!!

BRIAN....... Elder Burgess

Hit by a Car, Broken Window, and a Good Game of Soccer  (November 10, 2014)

Read, Pray, Serve  (November 24, 2014)

Miracle of the week: Sister Christensen gave me a Fruit by the Foot as a reward for doing my language study. I went to open it, and amazingly found TWO Fruit by the Foot candies! INSIDE A SINGLE WRAPPER!! I took a picture, cried a little bit, and decided to share the experience with you all :)