Monday, November 10, 2014

Elder Remund's First Baptism!

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Elder Remund's first baptism
Hey y'all!

I'm going to try to keep things short because I know I go off on tangents. Let's keep it short and sweet. Oh boy, I'm already making this too long...

Anyways, we had the most amazing weekend!! I had my FIRST baptism in the mission field!! I've been out almost 18 months and I have finally been blessed to see one of my investigators enter into the covenant of baptism. JW was baptized this Saturday and confirmed yesterday. It is such an incredible experience to have seen J** come a very long way. He said, "You know how my baptism felt? You know when you are super sweaty and dirty and you've been working for hours and you go home and take a hot shower? That's what it felt like." He said he feels a lot of joy. Elder Cannon and I keep on talking about how awesome J** is. He's going to do great things. The next step is their sealing in a year! I'll be able to see that one!

We had a really big party with the branch. Dia de la Hispanidad. There was tons of food. I'll send lots

I'm doing great. Looking forward to finding some new investigators!! Also putting extra emphasis on fighting off the "natural man." Anything like extra sleep, spending money, and excessive food eating (that's a hard one to avoid in the Hispanos' homes) is getting booted. Keep me accountable on that one. I don't want the natural man to take over when I get home, so I'm going to put him off the best I
Hermana Garcia y Elder Remund
of pictures. It was amazing. If we could just get all the Latino members' friends who went to the party to come to church, we'd be a Spanish ward!
can!


I love y'all so much. Thanks for all the emails, letters, and packages. I got a lot this week. I'm even more grateful for the prayers. Thank you for praying for my investigators, too. I am certain the Lord has answered those prayers because I see miracles in the lives of these people every week.

Con tantisimo amor,

Elder Remund


Chilly November Days (November 3, 2014)

I'm Getting Transferred  (November 24, 2014)






Pupusa, empanadas, an amazing Panamanian soup, tamale, Belizean rice and beans, and a sope. Some of the best food I've eaten in a while. It was authentic Hispanic food from all over Central and South America. Heaven!!





Mexican rice, paella, carrot and cabbage slaw from Belize, gallo pinto from Costa Rica, taquito, and a flauta.