Monday, October 13, 2014

Service in Mexico - Elder Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

"Worldly clothes"
My District
Super fast week!

Wednesday we traveled about 2 hours to go to a district meeting in our zone. After the district meeting, my companion and I stayed around in that area all day until 4 pm when we had 5 baptismal interviews. It was a nice experience. The sister missionaries in Libres had a family of 5, and so we interviewed them. And all went golden! I interviewed one of the daughters and the father. Amazing spirit in every interview! I love seeing people open up their lives to the gospel!

Saturday we did a service project. A sister who just moved to the ward from Veracruz needed help moving into her new apartment. I seriously got an amazing work out just being there lifting and moving a bunch of stuff. We were so tired after a good 4 hours of lifting up and moving furniture and boxes and bags. When the sister looked at me with some curtain hooks in one hand and a drill in the other. Haha. She looked confused, so we stayed around a while longer as I drilled the hooks into the walls for her curtains.  I love service!

Tomorrow is another transfers meeting. My companion and I don't have transfers, but we get to go to the meeting to help the new zone get familiar with a few things and help them get back to their areas.

I love you all! The church is so true! I pray that we can study and listen to the General Conference talks again to better our testimonies!

WITH LOVE,

Elder Brian Burgess

General Conference in English AND Spanish (October 6, 2014)

Taco Pizza  (October 20, 2014)

Statue made of concrete near my area