Monday, October 27, 2014

Fulfilling Scripture - Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen, serving in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Danish.

Mor,

This week was great. We had some really good stuff happen. We were able to teach S** alone, to hear
more from him.  He is doing well.  After our appointment with him we could tell that he seemed a little annoyed with his girlfriend. I wish he would just end it, but we will see. It's hard because we love teaching her, but she doesn’t care.  She holds him back from church and stuff, and cancels every other appointment. He told us he would like to meet daily, but yeah. Maybe it’s just my own selfishness, but I would not be sad if they broke up. We will see.

Well we had some good times with family K**. They are so great.  We were able to meet with them a couple times this week. We will be having Halloween with them too.  I will send pictures. That should be fun.
Eating with the best members ever!

We had some really good appointments with a new lady who we have been teaching.  She has the cutest little twins. She is very positive. It was great.  We had a good time teaching her, and she is really moving forward.

We had some really good opportunities to find people this week. It went great. We were able to find a couple new people to teach for this week. We are excited about that. We have like a total of 4 days in our area this week because we have meetings and stuff, so that is a little bit a of a bummer. But meetings are part of the Lord's work that must be done.

I gave a talk yesterday in church. It went well, just like they usually go. I showed up thinking I only had about ten minutes because I was speaking with a girl who's leaving on a mission. Her talk was only about five minutes, so I had to speak 25-30 minutes. Don’t worry, the Lord came through and helped out a lot. We took the full time, so that was good. It was a great day.

Afterward, we taught our guest class. The sister missionaries in our ward have been teaching this guy who is originally from New Jersey.  He is a little older, but one of my favorite people. He came to church yesterday, and after church he gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. He said he was very grateful for the talk and the guest class. It made me feel really good. He has had some hard times lately due to his son being away and not really speaking to him. He texted me the other day with the scores of the Bronco’s game. He is great. He has invited us over for Thanksgiving, so that should be way fun...if I am still here. Who knows? With how my last 4 transfers have been, and with thing going so great....

We are still  teaching a very good amount of people, and the Lord is very mindful of us. Elder Child and I get along way well, and we are just working hard. He actually leaves in February, so that's crazy because he was with the group that came out before me. He and Elder Earl were companions in the MTC (Missionary Training Center). He comes from Ogden. It's been a blast. We are still going strong. Just trying to find new people to teach.

Our Heavenly Father is so great. I love him so much. I finished the Book of Mormon again in Danish. Every time I read it, the more I understand. But at the same time, I get something new out of it every time. My goal is to finish it all at least once more in the mission field. It will happen. Just reading in the first book of Nephi we have so many things that talk about our day, and how the work will move forth. It’s great to read about yourself in the Book of Mormon. When it talks about His church stemming from the branch and reaching out across the world through His servants. I know that it is talking about the 88,000 missionaries in the field right now, and the many members around the world. We are fulfilling scripture every day. Why?  Because it's true. The Book of Mormon is true. I know that with all my heart.!

Med Kærlig Hilsen,

Ældste Madsen

House of God (October 20, 2014)

Deja Vu  (November 3, 2014)