Monday, September 8, 2014

Emergency Changes - Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen, serving in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Danish.

So this week has been crazy.  I have some good news and bad news. It’s all going to be way short this week, but I will respond to email from this week and next week, next week. So the bad news first, we had some crazy things happen. Elder L** has to go home for medical reasons. Because he was a Zone Leader, they needed a new one. I was called to do that. I am now in Slagelse and have been here the past couple days. I had to go to some mission leadership conference meetings and all that, so I had to leave Aalborg ASAP. That is that. But the good news is that Elder L** could be back within the transfer. Please continue to pray for him.

I love this area. Things are going great. Good news: Sak** was an investigator we had in Aalborg. He just scheduled a baptismal date and, yeah, I am here in Slagelse. You know the work goes on, haha.

We also got to hear from Elder Bednar in our mission conference this week. It was great! That’s the week. It’s been crazy. I will send pictures and a better letter next week. Just crazy because me and Elder Earl (yes, my buddy from high school who is now my mission companion) had to take Elder L** to  København this morning. That's also why we are emailing late and have no time. Well, any way, love you. Have a great week.

Med Kærlig Hilsen,

Ældste Madsen

Kolby's mom asked him what being a Zone Leader means, and this was his answer:

As a Zone Leader, we are to help and support the District Leader. To serve them and to be an example to them in our zone. We are to have zone trainings and to go on splits with the Assistants to President and with the District Leaders. Keep everything going in order in our zone. We make calls and do baptismal interviews for the people that the District Leaders teach, and we work closely with the stake president over here because we are the missionary representatives in the stake (so ya, just a little more responsibility).  We work a little more closely with the mission president regarding things in our zone.

Very Simple, Very True  (September 15, 2014)