Monday, June 9, 2014

Summer Days in Virginia - Elder Dallin Remund

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Elder Remund and E**

Hey all!

I better make this one quicker. I'm doing good, as usual. Transfer calls came and Elder Barber and I are staying, but a ton of the mission got changed around so it will be fun to get to know some more people.

Virginia is getting really nice. We ate outside with a member family last night and it was heavenly weather. (I attached a picture with me and one of their kids, E**.) The fireflies were out all over their backyard. I look out and marvel about how awesome God's creations are. I love the East Coast!

We have seen a lot of miracles this week working with members. The F** family have kicked into high gear, friendshipped about half our investigators and helped them come to church. One of our investigators ended up having a wife who was baptized into the church years ago, but hasn't come back yet. Both of them should be at church this week and we're hoping to schedule her husband for baptism very soon here. The work goes along so much easier when the members are out there being friends and inviting them to progress along with us as we teach them. It goes along the lines of bearing one another's burdens in the work of the Lord.

We taught E** and M** the last lesson in Preach My Gospel. I got to be there to teach them everything. They're not getting baptized or married until December, but I'm so excited for them (I attached a picture of their super cute baby, J**). They had us over on Wednesday and gave us pupusas. I love their family so much! They will be one of the families I talk to frequently and visit after my mission ends. So fun!

I love you all so much! Hopefully we have someone scheduled for baptism by the time I email next Monday.

Con amor,

Elder Remund

ONE YEAR! (May 26, 2014)

De la Costa de Virginia  (June 23, 2014)