Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day from Denmark - Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen, serving in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Danish.

(Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words will link to additional information. Clicking on photos will enlarge them. Some names are omitted for privacy.)

Hey Mor,

Thanks for yesterday. It was nice to talk and see you all. I hope you had a great Mother’s Day. Seems like you are all doing great. Maren is graduating here soon, which is really crazy. How are the others doing? Everyone doing? Well?

The Rapseed plants are beautiful this time of year, and they are
everywhere! I stained my pants going in there.
Hope it was worth it!
This week was kind of like the past couple. We had about four appointments cancel on us, and it's usually no big deal. It happens. It's just that we only had six planned. But we were very blessed to get those two lessons, and they went well.

We had some time this week doing service, which I always love! We got to help someone move, and then we volunteered to help clean up an area owned by the city. It was some great publicity for the church. We had fun doing it as well, and that’s all that matters.

We also had a zone activity, and had a ton of fun with everyone. So that was great. We went out to talk to L**. I don’t remember if I told you about her, but she is a lady whose stepdad took her name off the records of the church when she was young. So now she wants get baptized again, which is great. I am excited. It's going to be in the next couple weeks. She is so great. She started smoking, so we just have to wait until she gets the green light from Salt Lake. And she needs a crane because she is about 160 kg and is missing a leg. She can’t walk, but she is ready to get baptized and receive those covenants back from her Heavenly Father.


This is supposedly the biggest ice cream in Denmark, but
it's nowhere close to the one I had in Copenhagen.
We also had a really great experience in church yesterday. The lady we helped move had been less active until recently. Yesterday she surprised us and came for the fourth week in a row, which makes her "reactivated."  She is a very nice lady with a fun little guy for a son. Anyway that was a tender mercy in itself.

I felt so blessed to have the technology we have, so that I could see your faces and hear your voices.  The technology we have is such a blessing in these days. I was very grateful to hear from you all.  It really gives me strength to keep going, and I am glad that you are all doing great.

Well, I didn’t get caught in the door or stuck in an elevator this week, so maybe next week. I love you all. Have a great week. Work hard and have fun. Remember to be thankful for the blessing we receive daily.

Med Kærlig Hilsen,

Ældse Madsen

We Are a Team (May 5, 2014)

MTC Group Reunion (May 19, 2014)

These are the only guns I've seen in Denmark, and I'm pretty
sure they are older than America.