Monday, March 10, 2014

Sacrifice Brings the Blessings of Heaven - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Quick email!

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I am doing great. We finally got power and water and cell phone service. This next week is the last week in the change. So I will find out if I am being transfered by Saturday.

Yesterday at church Elder Araujo and I were so blessed to have three investigators come to church! And we will be having a baptism, Saturday March 15th! Her name is A***. It has been a tough road for her, and her son who is 28 years old doesn't want her to be baptized, or even listen to us. So literally every lesson we have had with her has been sneaking her out of her house to have lessons in a member's house. And Sundays have been very, very tough! She leaves her house at 8 in the morning, just to get out before her son wakes up. So, her faith has been tested! I am very happy she has made the decision to be baptized!

If you have any questions or stories to tell me, go ahead and send me an email back!

-Elder Burgess
-Brian

African Safari in Mexico (March 4, 2014)

Preaching the Gospel in Mexico (April 7, 2014)