Monday, October 28, 2013

"Don't ever give this up."

Written by Elder Nate Jensen, serving in the Washington D.C. South Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking English.

Wow, time is flying by! I have already been out for 4 months, and we only have about 2 weeks left of this transfer. It feels like we just started this transfer last week!!

Anyways, this week was a little bit slower. We had a lot of scheduled appointments fall through, which is always a bummer, but it is all part of missionary work. We have one investigator who is so ready to be baptised. He is just waiting for his wife to be on board, which is totally understandable. He is awesome though.

We had to pass off one of our other investigators to the Spanish speaking Elders, which is bitter sweet. Her parents want to learn, but they only speak Spanish, so it's awesome that her whole family wants to learn. At the same time, I guess I just wish I could speak Spanish, haha.

Well, I will end with a cool story. So a couple weeks ago one of our less active members came to General Conference (he hasn't gone to church in about 50 years!). After the session he said, "That was everything and more than I expected." He then went on to say, "Don't ever give this up. I did 50 years ago, and I regret it. You don't even know what you have."

It was so awesome. He is a retired Army General and very successful, but he was, in a way, envious of what I have. I think sometimes we really don't understand what we have as members of this church. But we truly do have something amazing! Thank you for all the support!

Love,

Elder Jensen

Another Great Week in Virginia

Wheels, iPads, Facebook and Skype!

Elder Snell, Elder Massey, Elder Cannon, Elder Jensen
Great Falls, Virginia
Elder Massey and Elder Jensen at
Great Falls, Virginia