Monday, October 28, 2013

My First Baptisms in Chile - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hola familia y amigos!

What an awesome week we have had! Lots of really great spiritual experiences, and..... my two cute new friends got baptised this week! YAY!!! It was beautiful! Their mom was there too. She had not been active in the church for a long time, but she has been coming to church for weeks now, and has a goal of going to the Santiago Chile Temple with her girls at the end of this month with the ward! AHHH! Amazing things are happening! Our goal now is to get their dad baptised. Last night was the first time he actually stuck around for the lesson! The Lord is working miracles here in Ovalle! :)

After the baptism, we had a ward activity. It was a scavenger hunt for scriptures! It was really fun. Not many people came to it, but the people who did come enjoyed it! Sadly, I don't have pictures of that activity any more...we had a little accident last night. Hermana Mori (my companion) accidentally deleted all of the photos on my camera! We were so sad. But, thankfully, I have emailed the ones that were most important to Mom from the previous weeks, so we still have those! So all is well. The pictures that I sent today are from the mom of the girls who got baptised on Saturday. The Lord provided lots of ways for me to still have pictures!

Hermana Mori has really been an amazing companion. She is a convert of two years and none of her family are members of our church. She has trained me so well, and I pray every day that the next transfer (in a week) will not separate us, and we will stay companions. She has become one of my very good friends, and I look up to her so much! She is so patient with me, with my Spanish, and we really do have a lot of fun together! She says everyday that she wants me to teach her more English so that she can come to the United States one day and visit me in Utah, haha! She is so sweet. I look forward to one day returning to Chile to visit my mission, and hopefully go to Peru to see Jake's mission, and visit my sweet friend, Hermana Mori!

Other than that, we had a super busy week with lots of teaching. We had 20 more people attend church this week than last week! And they were all people we had taught during the week! WOW! Super amazing!

Anyways, sorry for the super short email this week! I don't have a lot of time. Please know that all things are well here in Chile and that you are all in my thoughts and prayers! Thank you for all that you do for me and for your prayers! I am definitely seeing the blessings! I hope you can too! Have a fabulous week guys. I love and miss you SOOO MUCH!!!

Con mucho amor (with much love),

Hermana Avery!

 70 DAYS! (October 23, 2013)

EeAaRrTtHhQqUuAaKkEe!!! (November 4, 2013)

Hermana Avery, Catalina and Sophia, and Hermana Mori


Silly girls! Catalina, Hermana Mori, and me