Monday, September 9, 2013

Hello from Virginia!

Written by Elder Nate Jensen, currently serving in the Washington D.C. South Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking English.

Virginia has been getting better. It isn't as humid as it was when I first got here, so that, in and of itself, is a blessing haha! But I still can't wait until winter time for the cold and for the snow, even though there probably won't be that much.

Things are going really good. I had transfers a couple weeks ago. I stayed in the same area, but I got a new companion. His name is Elder Shimono, and he is from Hawaii. It has been really good. We have two solid investigators who are just praying to know if baptism is right for them. They are Ethiopian and speak Amharic. I had her try to teach me a few things, but let's just say that I am glad I speak English. It is an incredibly confusing language haha!!

We are doing a lot of work with the members, which is good. I like it, and it is a whole lot better than tracting (street contacting). I just hope we start seeing some results from it soon!

It was great to have Brother Avery stop by last week. I didn't even recognize him at first. We kinda awkwardly starred at each other for a minute until I finally made the connection haha! I didn't even think I would see him while being out here. But anyways, that was great.

Last week on P-day (preparation day), we were able to go to the Washington D.C. Temple, and that was awesome. I loved it! It really is a great temple!!

Anyways, nothing else is really happening out here. The church is true!!!

Love,

Elder Jensen

A Great Week in Virginia

Elder Jensen + Washington Nationals = LOVE

Click on photos to enlarge!

Elder Nate Jensen
Washington D.C. Temple
Kensington, Maryland


Elder Shimono and Elder Jensen



I got a surprise visit from Brother Avery!