Monday, September 30, 2013

Coke or Pepsi...?

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, currently serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Elder Lebron and I. Cool guy! I've done a lot of intercambios (day changes) with him. We just struggle on the Coke or Pepsi topic. There is about 99 percent Coke down here, and 1 percent Pepsi. It's rare. Not as rare as Dr. Pepper. But I'm representing my Red, White, and Blue (Pepsi). Grandma would be proud.

Look at the little guy dragging a suitcase in the background.

A catholic cathedral. I thought these things were only in Italy. This one is called the Golden Cathedral. I think it was just painted gold. But it's very different than a Mormon church house, right?! We went to it because it's in the center of Puebla, along with MANY more. And the center of Puebla (close to the South mission) is where I had to by my shoe implant.

Golden Cathedral
Puebla, Mexico

Me, singing in Spanish... it's funny I've heard more English songs down here than Spanish. The church doesn't have a lot in Spanish music. And the buses play mostly English. People down here follow Justin Bieber and Beyonce, the bigger singers in the States. I about cried the other day on the bus. They were playing some 80's songs. I was in heaven. I'm screaming the lyrics (In my mind of course.... missionary rules) haha!

Y'ALL HAV A GURD WEAK NOOW!

-Elder Burgess

Chocolate Cake from an Angel

Emergency Surgery for Elder Burgess

Singing in Spanish