Thursday, April 11, 2013

Elder Madsen's First Letter Home

(I'm inserting my own comments and his mom's comments italicized in parenthesis.)

April 11, 2013

10:00 p.m.

Well, the first couple of days, I'm not going to lie, I feel like I am trying to save fifty kids at the bottom of the slide at the same time. It's a ton to take in. (Remember, Kolby is a lifeguard.)

I feel really blessed though. My companion is none other than Elder Wawro, the funny kid from New York! (Kolby and six other missionaries flew to new York in Januray to meet with the Danish consulate, so he met Elder Wawro then.)

We got to meet with the Branch President tonight and I was called to be the District Leader over the Danish District F. All it means is more meetings and I "get" (have) to get everyone's mail.

By the way, my P-day is Thursday.

Hej, Hej, (good bye)

Love you,

Elder Madsen

Elder Madsen Reports to the Provo MTC (April 10, 2013)

Second Letter from Elder Madsen in the Provo MTC (April 26, 2013)